Work While Studying in Canada

Working off-campus no longer requires a work permit. Students are authorized to work for at most 20 hours per week during their session and can work full-time during summer or winter break. It is incumbent upon the student to pursue vocational, academic or professional training at a designated learning institution (DLI). Eligibility for work without permit is dependent on registration at a DLI. The student must bear a Service Canada’s Social Insurance Number in addition to fulfilling conditions of his/her work permit.

Canvas Immigration is always available for your counselling.