Sponsoring Dependent Child

Often the children you provide live for immigrating along with your spouse or partner. Sometimes they may miss out on immigration, in that case sponsoring your children is the alternative. Either your children are biological or adopted, they can obtain permanent residency with all rights and benefits including that of study and work.


The sponsor should be over 18 years old.

can be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

He/she must not have been charged with a serious offense or in prison at the time of the sponsorship.

He/she must be financially stable.

The sponsored child must be under 22 years of age or older in case of mental or physical condition.