Study Permit

International students who want to study in Canada to obtain a degree, diploma or certification that has sessions’ length continuing beyond 6 months require a study permit. You are eligible to be issued a study permit if;

  • You have received a letter of acceptance from a Canadian DLI.
  • You have no criminal record.
  • You are in good health.
  • You prove that your source of funds is legal, sufficient and uninterrupted.
  • You convince the immigration staff that your stay will be as per the permit authorizes.

It is important to know about the financial part of the study permit. Accompanying spouse, law partners or/and children will add to your fee. You will have to provide sufficient evidence that you can support your studies as well as your dependents.

However, it is an encouraged practice that you can apply for open work permit or study permit for accompanying family members.

Canvas Immigration is keen to addressing your concerns regarding study permit.