A Canadian citizen enjoys more rights than a permanent resident. It is one of best experience to be associated with the country that has achieved so much in a little time and that enjoys a great reputation not just in America but in the world. To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen you must fulfil the following requirements;
- Must be a permanent resident having resided in the country for at least 1095 days in the past 5 years. The stay of temporary resident and protect person can be counted to a maximum of 365 days.
- Must be over 18 years of age. For minors, they must be permanent residents and one of their parents must be a citizen or apply to become one.
- Meet minimum language proficiency requirements (English and French)
- Regularly file income tax returns for at least three years during the last five years.
- Pass Citizenship Test – subjects include history, geography, culture, laws, government, economy, symbols, and rights of citizens.
- Should be of a sound character and must not have been convicted or charged for serious offence(s).
To brighten your chances of becoming a Canadian citizen, ask Canvas Immigration for more detail.